- There are 2.1 million artists (defined as the following: Actors, Announcers, Architects, Dancers and choreographers, Designers, Fine artists, Art directors, Animators, Musicians, Other entertainers, Photographers, Producers, Directors, Writers & Authors) in the United States.
- These artists make up 1.4% of the total workforce, and 6.9% of the professional workforce.
- Artists in America are 3.5 times more likely than the total U.S. workforce to be self-employed.
- Over half of all artists have received at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Women artists earn $0.81 cents for every dollar earned by men artists. This gap is similar to that in the overall labor force (where women earn $0.80 cents for every dollar earned by men).
- To no one’s surprise, New York and California have the most artists.
Archive | American artists RSS feed for this section
I love to hear from you!
Feel free to comment or e-mail me at email@example.com!